This intensive computer-based 3 day course will equip you with skills required to effectively evaluate companies and assets. Run by the former Head of European Equity Team in one of the main City organisations, the course starts with an overview of different equity valuation methods and explains fundamental framework. You will have a chance to go through various ratios analysis including cash flows, discount rates and periods, capital structure and more. Finally, you will explore more advanced aspects of DCF valuation including calculation of APV and treatment of hybrids.
Each session is concluded with a practical exercise which will help to immediately apply the theory into practice.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Differentiate and apply the main types of equity valuation from absolute (DCF, EVA, APV) to relative (P/E, EV/EBIT. EV/EBITDA) methods
• Evaluate balance sheet as well as profit and loss accounts and cash flow statements
• Use comparative company valuation and calculate multiples in practice
• Have an understanding of DCF model structure and how it is used to value a company in practice
• Learn the fundamentals of future cash flow valuation
• Calculate the cost of capital and understand the basics of discounted rates and periods
• Be able to use a DCF model to build a total value of the firm with core and non-core assets
• Understand the basics of discounted rates and periods
• Build the bridge between enterprise and equity valuation
Reserve your place till the end of October and take advantage of an Early Bird discount! Group discounts are also available.
Wed, 21/01/2015 - 09:44
Read how prime brokers of all shapes and sizes are becoming both operational and balance sheet-efficient, and broadening out their product suites for hedge fund managers... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »