This 1 day training explores the characteristics of the hedge fund in the context of recent market events. The course is designed to help you understand the structure as well as the main types of hedge funds and their investment styles and strategies.
You will have a chance to explore and assess different aspects of this asset class as well as gain a solid understanding of the evolving role of custodians, brokerage houses and fund administrators.
By the end of this course you will:
• Understand hedge funds structure and be able to estimate risk characteristics
• Define different hedge fund strategies
• Be aware of the latest strategies in the hedge funds industry and how the latest market events affected this sector
• Examine pros and cons of implementing hedge funds in the investment
• Have a clear understanding of the regulatory and legal issues related to hedge funds and finally
• Be able to define the roles of prime brokers, custodians and fund managers
Register early to take advantage of our special offer!
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 09:11
Voting for the 6th edition of the Hedgeweek Global Awards is now open. The Awards will be presented at a lunch ceremony to be held in London. ... »
Tue, 09/12/2014 - 09:58
Read how managed accounts platforms are now catering to a wide spectrum of investor needs, from straightforward commingled funds to sophisticated infrastructure solutions for the largest institutional investors. And the rise of liquid alternatives means that onshore funds - UCITS, AIFs and '40 Act funds - are becoming just as popular as offshore funds... »
Thu, 11/12/2014 - 11:31
Global assets under management* of the private real estate industry have reached USD742bn, an all-time high for the industry, and up from USD697bn as of the end of 2013. Preqin’s Andrew Moylan takes a look at the latest stats on the industry. ... »
Fri, 28/11/2014 - 12:01
In this report S&P Capital IQ examines how credit events can impact on the price of equities. The results are compelling. The report looks at the relationship between credit indicators and equity back-tested returns. ... »