This 1 day training explores the characteristics of the hedge fund in the context of recent market events. The course is designed to help you understand the structure as well as the main types of hedge funds and their investment styles and strategies.
You will have a chance to explore and assess different aspects of this asset class as well as gain a solid understanding of the evolving role of custodians, brokerage houses and fund administrators.
By the end of this course you will:
• Understand hedge funds structure and be able to estimate risk characteristics
• Define different hedge fund strategies
• Be aware of the latest strategies in the hedge funds industry and how the latest market events affected this sector
• Examine pros and cons of implementing hedge funds in the investment
• Have a clear understanding of the regulatory and legal issues related to hedge funds and finally
• Be able to define the roles of prime brokers, custodians and fund managers
Register early to take advantage of our special offer!
Wed, 21/01/2015 - 09:44
Read how prime brokers of all shapes and sizes are becoming both operational and balance sheet-efficient, and broadening out their product suites for hedge fund managers... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Wed, 14/01/2015 - 13:22
Over half of infrastructure funds that closed in 2014 exceeded their fundraising target, up from 37% of funds in 2013. Andrew Moylan, Preqin’s Head of Real Assets Products, takes a look at infrastructure fundraising over the last 12 months: ... »