This practical 1 day course taught by a former senior banker is designed for anyone who wants to understand how the City and financial markets work, their main players and correlations between them as well financial instruments and the latest market trends.
The course will explore the role and functions of investment banks, stock exchanges, fund management and other market participants and investors. Banking departments and their responsibilities will be explained; you will also learn how to use the banking jargon.
The training includes many recent case studies, exercises and a financial quiz which will help you to consolidate the knowledge. You will explore the events which made it to the front pages of the newspapers as well as the latest trends and challenges faced by the sector.
On completion of this course you will understand:
• What financial market is and who are the main players
• The role and function of investment banks, stock exchanges and other market participants
• Main financial instruments including bonds, equities, money markets and currency markets as well as derivatives
• Main types of investors including fund management and hedge funds
• The main types of financial regulations and how they affect the market at the moment
• The main types of risks involved
• The latest market trends and news, which make the headlines
Main topics covered include:
• The role and structure of a financial market
• Main players and their role
• Banks - their structure, departments, role of the front, bank and middle office
• Main types of financial instruments: equities and bonds
• Money markets
• The role of the stock exchanges
• The use of derivatives
• Market, credit and operational risks
• Main types of financial regulations
• The latest trends
Register now to benefit from our Early Bird offer!
Thu, 05/03/2015 - 13:15
This Special Report unveils the ways in which State Street Global Markets' Fund Connect ETF platform is bringing new levels of efficiency to the the ETF marketplace, and includes expert comment from the perspective of an AP... »
Wed, 04/03/2015 - 16:13
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, exclusive Preqin survey results show investors in private debt maintain a positive view of the asset class, but harbour concerns over the availability of attractive investment opportunities. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 09:59
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, exclusive Preqin survey results reveal that while industry performance has been poor, investors remain committed to the asset class. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 14:08
Fund managers and investors are in a tug-of-war over the issue of transparency. Once content with a performance update, basic valuation and general market commentary, Limited Partners (LPs) are now digging deeper, asking more questions and requiring more information from General Partners (GPs) than ever before. ... »
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »