This practical 2 day course run by a senior City banker is designed to give delegates who have little or no existing financial banking background an insight into the structure of investment banking and to provide them with an understanding of the different operations and market practices.
The course will explain the role and structure of an investment bank and its various departments and functions including debt and equity financing, proprietary trading, broking services, syndicated lending, structured products, M&As and wealth management and others.
Delegates will learn about front, middle and back office functions and different types of risks which banks have to manage. The second part of the course will analyse financial instruments including equities, bonds, derivatives and OTC markets.
Main Topics Covered During This Training
• The structure and role of an investment bank
• Analysing bank's clients including corporations, pension funds, hedge funds, and prime brokers
• The meaning of Basel II and capital adequacy
• Banks departments and services including debt and equity financing, proprietary trading, broking services, wealth management, analysis, syndicated lending and others
• The function of front, back and middle office
• Types of risks: market, legal, systematic, operation al etc.
• Main types of markets and their function
• Analysis of financial products: bonds, equities, derivatives, structured products
• Money markets
• Value at Risk and its meaning
What Will You Learn By The End Of This Training
By the end of this course you will have a solid understanding of the structure and role of investment banks, their function in the market, types of clients and services.
You will also understand different types of financial instruments and risks that investment banks are facing and what they have to do to manage them.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who begins their career in the investment banking or financial sector in general and wants to understand basic functions and role of banks as well as main financial instruments they use.
Register before 20 of May and save £350!
Mon, 06/03/2017 - 15:00
Fri, 24/02/2017 - 10:55
Mon, 20/02/2017 - 14:43
Mon, 06/02/2017 - 10:29
Wed, 08/02/2017 - 13:15
Mon, 19/12/2016 - 09:35
Wed, 18/01/2017 - 09:12