Equity Portfolio Management examines the latest innovations in the field of investment management.
Throughout the programme you will:
• develop deep insights into industry developments
• deepen your knowledge of modern portfolio theory
• identify the practical implications for increased portfolio performance.
The programme is structured around cutting-edge research and case studies which illustrate the real life challenges faced by professionals in the fund management industry.
• capital market expectations and asset allocation, portfolio optimisation and risk management models
• the trade-offs that come with active and passive investment strategies and how to use factor models to allocate assets
• recent advances in behavioural finance, risk management and alternative investments
• manager selection, monitoring and performance evaluation
• recent trends in alternative investments.
Gain a sophisticated toolkit to better manage:
• asset allocation
• portfolio optimisation
• risk measurement
• factor models of returns
• active-passive management
• long-short investing
• performance measurement
• style analysis.
Develop a strong understanding of recent developments in the industry and how they are having an impact on all aspects of investment management.
This programme is suitable for a wide range of financial professionals.
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 16:18
The attraction of incubator platforms has increased noticeably in recent years. New hedge funds face a Sisyphus-like task getting up and running as global regulation and compliance pushes costs up, whilst investors simultaneously expect to see institutional quality operations in place from day one. ... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Tue, 17/02/2015 - 06:00
Healthcare costs continue to spiral out of control and yet still achieve relatively poor outcomes, says Richard A Kimball Jr (pictured), CEO of HEXL… ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 08:01
Just 20 years ago, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) were novelties. Now, after two decades of explosive growth, they are firmly entrenched in the asset management landscape. Total US-listed ETF assets reached a record-setting USD2.0 trillion at the end of 2014, up from USD1.7 trillion a year earlier, and inflows totaled USD244 billion for the year. European ETFs also saw record flows in 2014; they attracted USD61.4 billion in new assets, more than three times the 2013 total. ... »