This practical 3 day course is designed to provide you with in-depth understanding of LBO and Merger methods in order to make effective business decisions based on sound valuation of businesses. You will gain the tools to value and account for a merger of two businesses and explore the concept of synergy valuation.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
• Understand the core concepts of LBO modelling and why transactions work and fail
• Determine the purchase price
• Establish the financing and structuring of a deal
• Be able to build an LBO model including the sources of funds statement and debt waterfall schedules
• Assess the debt capacity of a company
• Be able to analyse the various capital structures available in an LBO deal and their impact on return
• Model various types of acquisitions and disposals
• Generate an accretion/dilution analysis
• Using cash and the P/E of cash analysis
• Explore the accretion/dilution ratio vs. wealth generation
You can book separately one day of LBO Modelling and day 2 & 3 of Merger Modelling.
You may be also interested in our Advanced LBO Modelling course.
Wed, 21/01/2015 - 09:44
Read how prime brokers of all shapes and sizes are becoming both operational and balance sheet-efficient, and broadening out their product suites for hedge fund managers... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »