This computer based 3 day course is designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of LBO and merger modelling methods in order to make effective business decisions based on sound valuation of businesses.
You will have a chance to learn about the core concepts of the LBO and merger modelling, establishing the financing and structuring of a deal, modelling various types of acquisitions and disposals as well as assessing the debt capacity of a company.
You will gain the tools to value and account for a merger of two businesses and explore the concept of synergy valuation.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
• Understand the core concepts of LBO modelling and why transactions work and fail
• Determine the purchase price
• Establish the financing and structuring of a deal
• Be able to build an LBO model including the sources of funds statement and debt waterfall schedules
• Assess the debt capacity of a company
• Be able to analyse the various capital structures available in an LBO deal and their impact on return
• Model various types of acquisitions and disposals
• Generate an accretion/dilution analysis
• Using cash and the P/E of cash analysis
• Explore the accretion/dilution ratio vs. wealth generation
Prerequisites: To attend this course, participants should have an intermediate knowledge of accounting, a good working knowledge of financial modelling and Excel and a good understanding of traditional valuation methodologies
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 09:59
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, exclusive Preqin survey results reveal that while industry performance has been poor, investors remain committed to the asset class. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 14:08
Fund managers and investors are in a tug-of-war over the issue of transparency. Once content with a performance update, basic valuation and general market commentary, Limited Partners (LPs) are now digging deeper, asking more questions and requiring more information from General Partners (GPs) than ever before. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 09:51
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, the spotlight is on investors’ attitudes towards alternative private real estate exposure. ... »
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »