Learn about the advantages of investing in UCITS and changes under UCITS IV.
This practical one day course is designed to provide an insight into the area of UCITS, showing how funds may select eligible assets and demonstrate how these instruments may be employed to achieve different investment objectives.
You will also have a chance to learn about the changes under UCITS IV directive which will further enhance the product range, distribution and management structure.
You will learn about the key concepts of UCITS and UCITS IV including the management company passport, cross-border distribution, mergers, master-feeder structures and key investor information.
Main topics covered:
• The key features of UCITS
• The use and structure of UCITS III
• Changes under UCITS IV
• Structuring UCITS and authorisation process in Luxembourg and Ireland
• Eligible assets in UCITS funds
• The key features and applications of UCITS as an asset class
• Main legal requirements
• Governance, transparency, custody and depositaries
• Application of equities, bonds, fund of funds derivatives, 130/30 and other instruments
• UCITS Alternatives
• Distribution of UCITS
• Leverage and VaR
• Use of UCITS for funds and hedge funds
By the end of this course you will have a solid understanding of:
• The characteristics of UCITS, their structure and objectives
• Main regulatory aspects
• Pros and cons of UCITS for the fund management
• Applying traditional instruments in the fund structure
• Sophisticated and non-sophisticated funds
• Value at risk in the UCITS context
• Changes under the UCITS IV Directive
Register now and take advantage of an Early Bird discount!
Mon, 13/04/2015 - 11:30
Investing in commodities can yield handsome returns, but investors need to focus sharply on timing and diversify their portfolios away from traditional safe havens and into sectors such as agriculturals and products such as ETFs. As one expert reveals in this special report, "Gold is not the only yellow commodity one should have in their portfolio"... »
Wed, 15/04/2015 - 13:05
In an extract from the Preqin Special Report: Asia-Pacific Hedge Funds, we provide an overview of the industry in Asia-Pacific, covering assets under management as well as key locations, strategies, fund structures and more. ... »
Tue, 14/04/2015 - 12:14
Assets under management for sovereign wealth funds globally reach USD6.31tn as of March 2015, increasing by more than USD900bn over the past 18 months. This information has been revealed in the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review, a comprehensive guide to these influential investors. ... »
Tue, 07/04/2015 - 09:57
Read the complete list of Winners and profiles at the sixth edition of the Hedgeweek Awards, presented in London's Mayfair and sponsored by Morgan Stanley, which brought together the leading names in the global hedge funds industry to celebrate the achievements of the best performing managers and service providers in 2014... »
Wed, 01/04/2015 - 09:12
As revealed in this Hedgeweek Special Report sponsored by eVestment, the data, analytics and market intelligence provider to the institutional investment community, experts agree that investing in hedge funds represents a good way for institutions to access manager skill, which is key in constructing a diversified portfolio to achieve risk and return targets. ... »