The Managed Funds Association (MFA) today announced its 2015-2016 Board of Directors and newly elected officers. The new Board and officers will provide governance oversight to MFA and help guide the Association’s advocacy, education and communication efforts on global issues impacting the alternative investment industry.
MFA’s Board unanimously elected David C Haley, President, Managing Director, HBK Capital Management, as the Board Chair; Michael S Harris, President, Campbell & Company, Inc, as Vice Chair; Mikael A. Johnson, Senior Lead Partner, Alternative Investments, KPMG LLP, as Treasurer; and Bruce S Darringer, Member and Chief operating Officer, King Street Capital Management GP, LLC, as Secretary.
“Increasingly, institutional investors rely on the alternative investment industry to help them manage risk, diversify their portfolio and provide risk-adjusted returns over time. MFA Members are proud to partner with these investors, which represent more than two-thirds of our industry’s USD3 trillion in capital under management,” Haley says. “The evolution of our investor pool and new reforms, which bring alternative investments into the financially-regulated mainstream, make this an especially important time for our industry. I am honoured to have been chosen by my colleagues to serve as Chair and look forward to working with them and the MFA team in the years ahead.”
MFA President and CEO Richard H Baker (pictured) says: “With the thoughtful guidance of our Board – past and present, alike – MFA has become a constructive advocate for fair, efficient and liquid capital markets and the investors they serve. We are excited about the future and remain especially grateful for the expertise of our Board and the active involvement of our diverse Membership.”
Newly elected Board Members include:
• Eric Burl, Co-Head of Global Sales, Head of Americas, Man Group;
• Adam C. Cooper, Senior Managing Director and Chief Legal Officer, Citadel LLC;
• Joshua Gold, Chief Operating Officer, Three Bays Capital LP;
• John M. Liftin, General Counsel and Managing Director, the D.E. Shaw group; and
• Andrew Rabinowitz, Partner, Chief Operating Officer, Marathon Asset Management, LP.
Members re-elected to the Board include:
• Bruce S. Darringer, Member and Chief Operating Officer, King Street Capital Management GP, LLC;
• Michael S. Harris, President, Campbell & Company, Inc.;
• Daniel H. Kochav, Partner and Chief Operating Officer, Tenor Capital Management Company, L.P.;
• Tim Levart, Managing Member, Chief Operating Officer, Davidson Kempner Capital Management LP; and
• Steven M. Wagshal, Chief Operating Officer, Samlyn Capital, LLC.
All elected Board Members serve a two-year term. In addition to the elected Board Members, MFA appointed five Members to serve one-year terms on its Board:
• Bryan T. Durkin, Chief Commercial Officer, CME Group;
• Jeanmarie Grisi, Alcatel Lucent US Chief Investment Officer and President, Alcatel-Lucent Investment Management Corporation;
• Reinhardt Olsen, Global Head of Prime Brokerage, Americas Head of Financing Services, UBS Securities LLC;
• Paul Simpson, Managing Director, Global Head of Equity Asset Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; and
• Eric N. Vincent, Chief Executive Officer, The Electrum Group LLC.
Incumbent Board Members reappointed to another term are:
• Mike Greenstein, Partner, Global and U.S. Alternative Investments Assurance Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP;
• Mikael Johnson, Senior Lead Partner, Alternative Investments, KPMG LLP;
• Leonard Ng, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP;
• Alan Pace, Managing Director, Global Head Of Investor Services Sales, Citigroup, Citi; and
• Kimberly G. Walker, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, Washington University in St. Louis.
Additionally, Board Members elected in 2014 with one year left in his or her term are:
• Timothy L. Barefield, COO, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.;
• Putnam Coes, Partner and COO, Paulson & Co., Inc.;
• Anthony J. DeLuca, Chief Financial Officer, Moore Capital Management, LP;
• Duncan Ford, Partner, Chief Operating Officer, Marshall Wace LLP;
• Christopher Greene, Managing Director and Chief Administrative Officer, Tudor Investment Corporation;
• Christopher Hedberg, Managing Director, CarVal Investors;
• Eric Komitee, General Counsel, Viking Global Investors LP;
• Ajay Nagpal, Chief Operating Officer, Millennium Management LLC; and
• Kimberly Summe, President and General Counsel, Stillwater Investment Management, LP.
MFA also announced its new Executive Committee, which includes: Board Officers David Haley, Michael Harris and Bruce Darringer as well as Board Members Kimberly Summe, Duncan Ford, Anthony DeLuca and Timothy L. Barefield. Executive Committee Members serve one-year terms.
Paul N. Roth, partner, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, will remain a special advisor to MFA’s Board.
MFA would like to extend a special thank you to outgoing chair John R. Torell, IV, managing director and chief financial officer, Tudor Investment Corporation, and all other outgoing Board Members:
• William R. Goodell, Chief Operating Officer, Partner Fund Management, LP;
• Keith L. Horn, Former Chief Operating Officer, Elliott Management Corporation;
• Henry Kenner, Chief Executive Officer, Arrowgrass Capital Partners LLP;
• Mark Madden, Chief Operating Officer & Director, Tyrus Capital S.A.M.;
• Jeffrey A. Weber, President & Chief Operating Officer, York Capital Management;
• Paul Germain, Head of Business Development and Strategy, Stone Ridge Asset Management LLC;
• Teresa Heitsenrether, Global Head of Custody & Fund Services, J.P. Morgan;
• Yie-Hsin Hung, CEO of New York Life Investment Management LLC, New York Life Investments Group;
• Paul Meister, Vice Chairman, GCM Grosvenor;
• Ronald D. Schmitz, Chief Investment Officer, Virginia Retirement System; and
• Alan Thomas, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage.
Thu 24/05/2018 - 20:01
Wed 23/05/2018 - 18:02
Wed 23/05/2018 - 15:33
Wed 23/05/2018 - 08:43
Wed 23/05/2018 - 08:13
Fri 25/05/2018 - 12:07
Fri 25/05/2018 - 09:53
Fri 25/05/2018 - 09:47
Thu 24/05/2018 - 19:51
Thu 24/05/2018 - 09:40