Corgentum Consulting launches cryptocurrency compliance, operations and risk management solutions suite
Corgentum Consulting, a provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, has launched a new suite of compliance, operations and risk products to support cryptocurrency investors and asset managers in digital currency investment strategies.
These new services will complement Corgentum's already industry leading alternative investment operational due diligence (ODD) and investigative offerings.
With the explosive growth of virtual currencies bitcoin (BTC) and digital tokens such as ether (ETH) institutional investors and funds are rapidly putting more assets to work across the entire digital asset spectrum. Corgentum's new products will offer cryptocurrency solutions for crypto asset managers including:
• Compliance support for crypto startups including anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), FATF Travel Rule, and sanctions screening solutions
• New York State Department of Finance (NYDFS) regulatory compliance mock reviews
• Operations support for crypto managers in areas including fund accounting, vendor management, information technology, business continuity and disaster recovery
Services for crypto investors include:
• Due diligence and risk analysis on portfolios of direct crypto investments and digital tokens including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether, Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA) , stablecoins (Tether, Goldcoin, PAX, BinanceUSD, TrueUSD), initial coin offerings (ICO) and DeFi tokens
• Operational, information security, and cybersecurity audits of crypto asset managers and cryptocurrency fund managers
• Ongoing risk monitoring of cryptocurrency asset managers, crypto exchanges, cryptocurrency indexes
• Forensic investigation support for financial crimes and fraud including Bitcoin tracking and investigations
• Analysis of direct private equity technology investments in Fintech and DeFi companies employing blockchain, distributed ledger technology and machine learning
"With the continued institutionalisation of the cryptocurrency and digital asset space, there is increasing demand for accompanying regulatory compliance, operations and risk management best practices. Corgentum's new service offerings will help emerging crypto asset managers ensure these high standards are being followed. Investors in cryptocurrency and digital assets will also be able to take advantage of our extensive due diligence experience in this space to better manage risk," says Jason Scharfman, Managing Partner of Corgentum Consulting.