Brevan Howard Asset Management’s BH Digital division has raised over $1 billion in assets for investment in cryptocurrencies and digital assets, according to a report by The Times Hub.
The report cites unnamed sources as saying that the Brevan Howard Digital Asset Multi-Strategy Fund’s performance has been “incredible” since launching at the beginning of the year. The fund, which is down between 4-5%, uses algorithmic trading and relative value trades with 10% of assets allocated to venture investments and the remaining 90% to cryptocurrencies.
BH Digital is planning a $1.5 billion AUM target for the which Brevan Howard Digital Asset Multi-Strategy Fund remains open for investments of $5 million or more. Current limited partners include some of the world’s largest hedge funds.