GFI hires staff for new dry freight physicals desk
GFI Group Inc has expanded its shipping offering by hiring four new staff to launch a new dry freight physicals desk in London.
The new desk, which will be operational shortly before Easter, complements GFI's well-established dry freight derivatives business.
Terry Parmenter, formerly of London shipbroker Galbraith's, will head up the new desk. He is joined by former Galbraith's colleagues Ian Rogers, Steve Dickens and John Lewis, and will report to Steve McMillan, GFI's senior managing director for Europe.
"This expansion into physical broking will enable GFI to offer complete structured risk management solutions for dry freight,' says Dorian Benson, GFI's head of dry freight derivatives in London. "It also demonstrates GFI's commitment to the shipping markets. With an existing dry freight desk in Singapore, this move represents a natural addition to our existing business."
GFI's dry freight derivatives desk was set up in 2004. GFI also covers wet freight derivatives through a joint venture with ACM Shipping, a leading tanker broker. Both desks have won industry awards, including top wet freight broker in Energy Risk's 2005 survey.
"With this new desk we now have a comprehensive global coverage of freight - both wet and dry, physicals and derivatives,' says McMillan. "Terry Parmenter and his colleagues bring a wealth of experience and we look forward to providing a valuable service to new and
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location