Citigroup Alternative Investments appoints new COO of Portable Alpha
Citigroup Alternative Investments (CAI) has appointed David C Beeman as Chief Operating Officer of Portable Alpha.
Beeman, who will report to Dean Barr, will be responsible for helping create and expanding CAI's portable alpha investment strategies platform. The goal is consistent, low-volatility, absolute-return strategies and CAI believes their portable alpha products will provide a stable anchor for certain investors, especially pension portfolios.
Beeman was most recently the Chief Operating Officer and Partner of Thunder Bay Capital Management, LP, a New York based hedge fund, where he traded all positions in multi-strategy US equity hedge funds and separate accounts. He also managed operations, finance and compliance functions for the firm, including relationships with prime brokers, administrators, custodians, trading counterparties, legal counsel, auditors and the SEC.
Prior to joining Thunder Bay in 2002, Beeman was a Managing Director and Head of Development for the Global Research Centre of Deutsche Asset Management. While with Deutsche/Bankers Trust, he also served as a Managing Director of the Alternative Investment Products Group within Bankers Trust Private Client Services and with the Absolute Return Strategies Group of Deutsche Asset Management.
Beeman, who received a BA from Harvard University and his MBA in marketing and finance from the University of Chicago, started his career in 1982 with the American Express Company where he served in various increasing levels of responsibility, including Executive Director and Head of Mutual Fund Sales and Marketing for the American Express Bank.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location