ABN AMRO launches Japan-focused long/short fund
ABN AMRO Asset Management has launched the Japan Equity Long/Short Fund, a single strategy hedge fund.
The new fund aims to maximise absolute returns for investors by exploiting Japanese market opportunities through directional long/short strategies and market inefficiencies.
Hong Kong-based portfolio manager Jack Chang has 16 years of international investment experience with over 10 years in Asia Pacific. Prior to joining ABN AMRO, Chang was a Partner and Portfolio Manager of Asian equities at ReachCapital, an international long/short equity investment firm in the US.
Chang believes that in-depth fundamental research is the best way to identify intrinsic over- and under-valuation of publicly traded securities.
He said: 'Ongoing fundamental restructuring of the Japanese economy provides ample opportunities for long/short investing. It is the second largest equity market in the world, with plenty of investment opportunities across a wide range of industries and market capitalizations. ABN AMRO Asset Management is well-placed to capitalise on these opportunities, using the fundamental research edge provided by our local, pan-regional, and global research network.'
'With substantial capital investment from ABN AMRO Asset Management and the expertise of a 12-person team with over 103 years combined experience, the Japan Equity Long/Short Fund is well-placed to provide excellent returns.'
The Fund will aim to generate consistently attractive returns through the successful identification of mispriced securities, benefiting from its large in-house research department, covering Japanese stocks in all market caps with local, regional and global focus.
The investment process is valuation driven utilising a variety of valuation methodologies. Since valuation is the driving factor, the portfolio has no style bias and may include both growth and value stocks with catalysts. The Fund seeks to achieve attractive double-digit annual returns with a target volatility of 8-10% per annum.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location