Carmignac Gestion names new co-manager to market neutral fund
Maxime Carmignac has announced her departure from Carmignac Gestion, where she will soon be appointed as a director, while the Paris-based firm has appointed François-Joseph Furry to the management team to succeed her as co-manager of the Carmignac Market Neutral fund alongside Keith Ney.
Maxime Carmignac joined Carmignac Gestion as an international equities analyst in January 2006, before being promoted to co-manager of the Carmignac Market Neutral fund, which she helped set up.
She was previously a consultant with consulting firm McKinsey, after working as a financial analyst at Lazard Frères and Morgan Stanley. To further her training, she is joining an alternative management company in New York.
An equities manager familiar with Carmignac Gestion's key areas of focus such as commodities, Furry began his career in the cyclical and commodities team at Fidelity International in London as an analyst focused primarily on the shipping and oil services sectors. A chartered financial analyst, he then managed the Arnault family office equities fund, before managing cyclical stocks within the Talaris Capital Partners alternative fund.
Founded in 1989 by Edouard Carmignac, Carmignac Gestion is an independent European asset manager with a management style that is characterises as active and conviction-driven, non-benchmarked, opportunistic, and focused on absolute performance in line with investors' level of risk tolerance.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location