Société Générale returnees strengthen equity derivatives business
Société Générale's corporate and investment banking division has strengthened its equity derivatives department with the return of Arié Boleslawski as head of the exotic trading desk for equity, indices and funds in Europe and of Selim Mehrez as head of pricing and new products for equity derivatives in Europe.
Boleslawski, a former executive at Deutsche Bank, takes up a newly-created position based in Paris. He will report to Richard Quessette, global head of exotic trading and deputy head of trading for equity derivatives.
Mehrez, who returns to Société Générale after a brief spell at Goldman Sachs, replaces Emmanuel Naim, who has been appointed as the Paris-based head of engineering for equity structured products and will report to Arnaud Sarfati, head of engineering for equity derivatives in Europe.
Boleslawski is a graduate from France's Ecole Polytechnique and Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l'Administration Economique. He began his career in 1998 in Société Générale's corporate and investment banking division as an arbitrage trader on the Swiss Index, before being appointed a trader in funds options for mutual funds and alternative asset management and then a correlation trader in equities and indices.
In April 2004, Boleslawski was appointed head of credit derivatives trading in New York and in October 2005 became the London-based global head of trading in structured credit. In July 2006, he joined Deutsche Bank in London as head of exotic credit trading.
Mehrez began his career in 1996 as an engineer in the telecommunications sector and in 2001 entered the pricing business of Société Générale's equity derivatives, where he became head of pricing in Europe. Last November he joined Goldman Sachs to head its European structuring team.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location