Julie Abbett joins IndexIQ as senior vice president
IndexIQ, a developer of index-based alternative investment solutions, has named Julie S. Abbett senior vice president and portfolio manager.
In her new role, Abbett will be responsible for helping to oversee portfolio management of IndexIQ’s growing line of alternative investment products, including the firm’s separately managed accounts business.
Prior to joining IndexIQ, Abbett was a portfolio manager at Deutsche Asset Management. During her nine years at the company, she served as a director and portfolio manager for various US and global strategies, where she oversaw approximately USD10bn in assets under management, including in the DWS Disciplined Market Neutral Fund, the DWS Blue Chip Fund, and both the DWS Disciplined Long Short Growth and Value Funds, in addition to several other institutional and sub-advised funds.
“Julie brings tremendous experience in alternative investment strategies and rules-based investment products to the firm,” says Adam Patti, chief executive officer at IndexIQ. “We look forward to her contributions as we continue to expand our family of products.”
Prior to joining Deutsche, Abbett was a product developer at FactSet Research Systems, where she worked on that company’s portfolio analytics offerings.
IndexIQ is the sponsor of index-based alternative investment products, including the first hedge fund replication exchange-traded fund, the IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF; the first macro and emerging markets hedge fund replication ETF, the IQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF; and the first open-end, no-load hedge fund replication mutual fund, the IQ Alpha Hedge Strategy Fund.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location