KKR appoints Jonathan R. Levin as treasurer and head of investor relations
KKR has appointed Jonathan R. Levin to the newly created position of treasurer and head of investor relations.
As treasurer, he will be involved in the oversight of the firm’s balance sheet, including the USD3bn in net assets it is expected to receive as a result of its combination transaction with KKR Private Equity Investors.
Henry R. Kravis and George R. Roberts, co-founders of KKR, said: “Jon’s new roles are important steps that will maximize the value of our capital for our investors, strengthen oversight within KKR and ensure a constructive and robust dialogue with public investors. Jon is well positioned for these critical new roles because he has been instrumental in every step of the firm’s evolution over the past few years.”
In his new capacity, Levin will lead KKR’s efforts to engage with public investors and industry analysts and serve as KKR’s treasurer. He will also continue to work on strategic projects for the firm.
Prior to his new role, Levin helped build KKR’s capital markets business, worked in the private equity business, and focused on strategic projects for the firm, including the business combination of KPE and KKR. Levin joined KKR in 2004 from Bear Stearns.
In July, KKR announced that pursuant to an amended and restated purchase and sale agreement, KKR would acquire all of the assets and all of the liabilities of KKR Private Equity Investors, and, in exchange, the latter would receive equity in the combined business. The combination is expected to become effective on 1 October 2009.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location