SmartPool expands pan-European mid-cap service
SmartPool, the European dark liquidity pool created by NYSE Euronext in partnership with HSBC, J.P. Morgan and BNP Paribas, has expanded its pan-European mid cap service.
From January 2010 the SmartPool product universe will be expanded to include the constituents of the following European indices: FTSE All Share Index (UK); CDAX Index (Germany); AEX All Share (Dutch); and CAC All Share (French).
As a result of this expansion, the total number of securities traded on SmartPool will increase by 110 per cent.
Launched in February 2009, SmartPool offers trading in the leading indices of the 15 European equity markets traded on SmartPool, including securities listed on the four NYSE Euronext markets.
SmartPool expanded its dark order book in September 2009 to include a pan-European mid-cap segment.
Lee Hodgkinson, chief executive of SmartPool, says: “Our expansion into offering mid-caps across Europe is proving to be of great value to customers. By capturing a diverse pool of liquidity, users of SmartPool regularly achieve price improvement of between 4 to 6 basis points. For smaller securities where liquidity is scarce and implicit execution costs tend to be higher even greater efficiencies can be achieved. During November 2009, for example, over 30 per cent of trading on SmartPool took place outside the leading European blue-chips.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location