Macquarie Funds Group grows fund-linked derivatives business
Macquarie Funds Group, the asset management arm of Macquarie Group, has appointed Pratap Dasgupta as a managing director in its fund-linked derivatives business, based in New York.
The hiring of Dasgupta follows the recent appointment of Mike Vitelli and together they will lead the expansion of Macquarie’s existing fund-linked derivatives business globally.
Prior to joining Macquarie, Vitelli and Dasgupta were senior members of the fund-linked derivatives team at BNP Paribas.
Macquarie’s fund-linked derivatives business provides financing to funds of hedge funds and mutual funds as well as the issuance of structured products over funds of hedge funds and mutual funds to institutional and high net worth investors.
Peter Lucas, head of investment solutions and sales at Macquarie Funds Group, says: “Macquarie has been very successful in providing fund-linked derivative strategies to its clients across Asia and Australia and we’ve been looking to build on that by expanding in the US and Europe. Mike and Pratap are an excellent team to lead that expansion and capitalise on the opportunities presented by current market conditions. They both bring a wealth of analytical and practical experience to our team and are highly regarded by their clients.”
Vitelli adds: “I am delighted to continue working with Pratap at Macquarie. We both joined Macquarie because of their expertise in the asset management sector and desire to expand their fund-linked derivatives activities. Macquarie’s strong financial position will support us in delivering clients the innovative products and dependable service that has become the hallmark of our professional careers.”
Dasgupta will join Macquarie on 1 March 2010.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location