Barclay CTA Index down 0.39 per cent in November
Managed futures lost 0.39 per cent in November, according to the Barclay CTA Index compiled by BarclayHedge.
The index has lost 1.45 per cent year to date, compared to a gain of 0.73 per cent in the S&P GSCI Index.
“Profitable positions in the continuing uptrend in bond markets and the downtrend in the Japanese yen were insufficient to overcome losses in other sectors,” says Sol Waksman, founder and president of BarclayHedge.
Five of Barclay’s eight CTA indices had losses in November. The Agricultural Traders Index dropped 1.23 per cent, diversified traders gave up 0.50 per cent, and systematic traders lost 0.39 per cent.
“Although the Commodity Research Bureau Index gained 1.10 percent on the month, dispersion across the sector was high as prices for precious and industrial metals rose, energy was mixed, and agricultural markets moved lower,” says Waksman.
The Barclay BTOP50 Index, which measures performance of the largest CTAs, led all managed futures indices in November with a 0.34 per cent gain. Currency traders were up 0.26 per cent, and discretionary traders added 0.04 per cent.
Year to date, the Agricultural Traders Index has gained 6.53 per cent, discretionary traders have gained 2.02 per cent, and currency traders have a 1.15 per cent return.
Diversified traders are down 3.36 per cent in 2012, systematic traders have lost 3.01 per cent, and the Financial & Metals Traders Index is down 2.54 per cent.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location