Natixis Global Asset Management launches Aurora Horizons Fund
Natixis Global Asset Management has launched the Aurora Horizons Fund, a multi-strategy mutual fund dynamically allocated across multiple hedge fund managers.
The fund may help investors achieve additional risk diversification within a traditional long-only portfolio of stocks and bonds by providing diversified exposure to alternative strategies.
The fund is managed by Aurora Investment Management, which has specialised in multi-manager portfolios of hedge funds since 1988.
"We are pleased to offer the Aurora Horizons Fund, which gives investors access to investment talent not previously available to them in a mutual fund format," says David Giunta (pictured), president and chief executive officer, Natixis Global Asset Management - US distribution. "As investors look to build durable portfolios for the long term, adding liquid, transparent exposure to alternative strategies as part of a diversified investment portfolio may help reduce overall portfolio volatility and complement traditional asset returns."
The Aurora Horizons Fund is a multi-strategy, multi-manager fund that provides diversification by dynamically allocating across sub-advisers that execute alternative strategies, including long/short equity, long/short credit, event-driven, short-biased, and macro.
It is managed by Aurora's team of investment professionals who are experienced in the early identification of some of the most talented hedge fund managers. This team includes Roxanne Martino, chief executive and portfolio manager; Scott Schweighauser, president and portfolio manager; Justin Sheperd, chief investment officer and portfolio manager; and Anne Marie Morley, managing director of operational due diligence.
"The new Aurora Horizons Fund provides investors with a liquid alternative to traditional hedge fund investments," says Schweighauser. "We actively reallocate the portfolio to a set of proven alternative investment managers to help the fund's shareholders benefit from market fluctuations and strategy performance trends."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location