David A Geffen launches hedge fund advisory practice
David A Geffen has launched Geffen Advisors, a consulting firm focused exclusively on the hedge fund industry.
Geffen Advisors offers strategic advice and solutions to hedge funds in several core practice areas including treasury management, counterparty risk management, and fund launch.
Additionally, Geffen Advisors will provide outsourced chief operating officer solutions and specialised training services.
The firm’s treasury management and counterparty risk management offerings provide advice to hedge funds in managing their prime brokerage and related activities more effectively while mitigating the counterparty risk inherent in those relationships.
“The alternative investment industry is poised for significant growth and many fund managers will benefit from advice on how to successfully prepare their businesses to meet the best practice standards which investors now expect,” says Geffen. “The firm’s goal is to provide guidance to hedge funds so they can be more rigorous in their decision-making and how they do business with their strategic business partners. The firm will work with its clients to enhance their success.”
Clients of Geffen Advisors will include established and new hedge funds. Many established funds desire to be more thoughtful about how they manage their prime brokerage and other counterparty relationships and address the inherent credit and operational risks stemming from those relationships. New hedge funds want objective advice on how to select the best strategic business partners and onboard those relationships.
Geffen brings more than two decades of Wall Street and asset management industry experience to his assignments, including expertise in the areas of hedge fund relationship management, securities finance and counterparty risk management. Previously, he was a managing director at BlackRock and Barclays Global Investors (BGI), prior to BGI’s acquisition by BlackRock, where he created and led the securities finance group that managed BGI and Blackrock’s prime brokerage, financing, futures clearing and counterparty credit relationships.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location