BlueBay appoints head of credit strategy
BlueBay Asset Management, a manager of fixed income and alternative investments, has appointed David Riley as partner and head of credit strategy, reporting to BlueBay’s chief investment officer Mark Poole.
Riley (pictured) joins BlueBay from Fitch Ratings, where he led the global sovereign and supranational financial institutions group for over 10 years.
Riley brings a wealth of credit expertise in sovereign debt and the interconnections with bank and corporate credit to BlueBay’s investment team.
“We believe market developments since 2008 demonstrate that the pricing of sovereign and corporate risk is becoming increasingly interdependent. Sovereign credit risk can determine where corporates are able to issue, and equally no sovereign can escape the implications of fundamental weakness in its domestic banking sector. David’s experience at Fitch has left him very well positioned to provide a unique perspective on this interconnection, and I look forward to working with him,” says Poole.
Part of the head of credit strategy role is to develop BlueBay’s product offering and expanding capabilities within the asset allocation space.
“The interconnectedness of David’s skill set gives him a valuable insight into a diverse range of products and asset classes, which will prove truly beneficial in his role on the asset allocation committee. David will also be a significant resource in conveying our key messages to our clients on a regular basis,” says Poole.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location