What are the skills of top-performing managers in the current investment environment?
As the volatility characteristic of recent years continues to vex the markets, price distortions throw up risks and opportunities in equal measure, presenting an intriguing landscape for investors and asset managers alike.
With their focus on controlling risks and managing liabilities, investors are seeking transparency, efficiency and assurance that wherever possible, their entrusted asset managers can convert volatility into market opportunities.
New Programme for FMS Zurich 2012
For more information and to register click here and quote VIP Code: FKW52428 to claim your 10% discount.
Impact of Current Market Volatility on Investors
• Professor Amin Rajan discusses on-going research into changing approaches to manager selection in a difficult market
Developments in Open Architecture & Distribution
• Private bank panel discussion
• How attitudes to open architecture are developing
Investor Perspectives on Manager Selection:
• What do investors expect from their external managers?
• Hear from private banks pension funds, family offices & their advisors
The Investment Environment:
• The Impact of Current Market Volatility on Investors & Fund Managers
• Increased Transparency & Manager Selection under Public Procurement
• Defensive Asset Allocation & Manager Selection: Strategies for a Low-Yield & Volatile Market
New Approaches to Strategic Asset Allocation & Manager Selection:
• Active Manager Selection and Optimal Contract Design
• Considerations in Boutique Manager Selection
• Monitoring Manager Performance Post-Selection
• Combining Actively Managed Funds & Index Tracking Instruments
Asset Class Focus:
• Real Estate Investment
• Hedge Fund Due Diligence
• Fixed Income Analysis and Manager Selection
• Selecting ETFs for Institutional Investors
Also Don’t Miss…
The Leading Workshop for RFP Teams
Thursday 27th September 2012
Writing Winning Proposals in Response to RFPs
This very successful workshop is designed to help you win valuable mandates. Maximise the experience by sending your RFP team (group discounts available).
With a 6 year history and an international audience, FMS Zurich is well established as the leading industry forum for discussion of the challenges, opportunities and latest approaches to the analysis and selection of external managers.
To claim your 10% discount click here
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Mon, 29/06/2015 - 12:48
Sovereign wealth funds, though small in number and secretive in nature, wield considerable influence as investors as a result of their sizeable assets under management. This extract is taken from Preqin’s latest report which features exclusive content from the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review. ... »
Tue, 16/06/2015 - 09:57
Mergers and acquisitions in recent years have changed the face of hedge fund administration. Big custodial banks are likely to dominate the HFA space in years to come, forming one part of a barbell with a number of well-run, well-capitalised independent HFAs on the other end. This report examines the implications for both hedge funds and their administrators... »
Fri, 05/06/2015 - 12:06
The North American private debt industry has seen substantial growth in assets over the last decade. This extract from the Preqin Special Report: Private Debt in North America looks at the current state of private debt fundraising and funds currently in market. ... »
Wed, 27/05/2015 - 11:00
State Street Global Advisors has unveiled the results of an in-depth survey of 420 senior executives within global private and public pension plans, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, summarised in this keynote Hedgeweek Special Report... »