What are the skills of top-performing managers in the current investment environment?
As the volatility characteristic of recent years continues to vex the markets, price distortions throw up risks and opportunities in equal measure, presenting an intriguing landscape for investors and asset managers alike.
With their focus on controlling risks and managing liabilities, investors are seeking transparency, efficiency and assurance that wherever possible, their entrusted asset managers can convert volatility into market opportunities.
New Programme for FMS Zurich 2012
For more information and to register click here and quote VIP Code: FKW52428 to claim your 10% discount.
Impact of Current Market Volatility on Investors
• Professor Amin Rajan discusses on-going research into changing approaches to manager selection in a difficult market
Developments in Open Architecture & Distribution
• Private bank panel discussion
• How attitudes to open architecture are developing
Investor Perspectives on Manager Selection:
• What do investors expect from their external managers?
• Hear from private banks pension funds, family offices & their advisors
The Investment Environment:
• The Impact of Current Market Volatility on Investors & Fund Managers
• Increased Transparency & Manager Selection under Public Procurement
• Defensive Asset Allocation & Manager Selection: Strategies for a Low-Yield & Volatile Market
New Approaches to Strategic Asset Allocation & Manager Selection:
• Active Manager Selection and Optimal Contract Design
• Considerations in Boutique Manager Selection
• Monitoring Manager Performance Post-Selection
• Combining Actively Managed Funds & Index Tracking Instruments
Asset Class Focus:
• Real Estate Investment
• Hedge Fund Due Diligence
• Fixed Income Analysis and Manager Selection
• Selecting ETFs for Institutional Investors
Also Don’t Miss…
The Leading Workshop for RFP Teams
Thursday 27th September 2012
Writing Winning Proposals in Response to RFPs
This very successful workshop is designed to help you win valuable mandates. Maximise the experience by sending your RFP team (group discounts available).
With a 6 year history and an international audience, FMS Zurich is well established as the leading industry forum for discussion of the challenges, opportunities and latest approaches to the analysis and selection of external managers.
To claim your 10% discount click here
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:00
This keynote Hedgeweek Special Report surveys the key technology products and software solutions available to hedge funds,, and drills down into each one through interviews and analysis to summarise their benefits to COOs, CTOs and CFOs at hedge funds... »
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:34
Voting for the 5th edition of the Hedgeweek USA Awards, which recognise excellence among hedge fund managers and service providers around the world, is now open. ... »
Thu, 07/05/2015 - 09:37
Cybersecurity issues have existed as long as the internet. What seems to have changed in the last 18 months is not only that the nature of the breaches has become more sophisticated, but also the fact that hedge funds have become a much bigger target. ... »
Mon, 13/04/2015 - 11:30
Investing in commodities can yield handsome returns, but investors need to focus sharply on timing and diversify their portfolios away from traditional safe havens and into sectors such as agriculturals and products such as ETFs. As one expert reveals in this special report, "Gold is not the only yellow commodity one should have in their portfolio"... »
Tue, 07/04/2015 - 09:57
Read the complete list of Winners and profiles at the sixth edition of the Hedgeweek Awards, presented in London's Mayfair and sponsored by Morgan Stanley, which brought together the leading names in the global hedge funds industry to celebrate the achievements of the best performing managers and service providers in 2014... »