Four years after the meltdown of the US sub-prime mortgage market and the credit crunch, allocators and investors still face a market environment that stubbornly refuses to return to ‘normal’.
Amid continuing symptoms of economic and financial crisis including economic sluggishness, curbs on lending, doubts over the stability of banks and the solvency of sovereign borrowers, and skittish markets, do market players need to learn new rules for a permanently changed environment in which volatility extends over not just months but years, and traditional assumptions about risk and return, correlation and market behaviour no longer apply?
This webinar will consider the challenges and choices facing allocators in turbulent times and examine issues such as:
• Do established measures of risk still provide meaningful information, given the limitations exposed by four years of market turbulence? What alternatives are there?
• Can alternative strategies consistently outperform traditional long-only investment, and what role should they play in allocation models at a time when traditional asset classes have delivered mediocre returns at best?
• Amid the current enthusiasm for absolute return funds, do they deliver in terms of performance and consistency?
• Can emerging markets not only outperform North America, Europe and Japan but provide greater market stability ability? Is it time to rethink standard geographical allocation criteria?
• Are information and analysis tools used by allocators and investors up to the job – and are they being used to ask the right questions? Is it time to rethink the whole investment decision-making process?
Space is limited - Reserve your webinar seat now
Title: Fund Allocation Challenges In Turbulent Times
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011
First session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM GMT - REGISTER NOW
Second session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST - REGISTER NOW
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 16:18
The attraction of incubator platforms has increased noticeably in recent years. New hedge funds face a Sisyphus-like task getting up and running as global regulation and compliance pushes costs up, whilst investors simultaneously expect to see institutional quality operations in place from day one. ... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Tue, 17/02/2015 - 06:00
Healthcare costs continue to spiral out of control and yet still achieve relatively poor outcomes, says Richard A Kimball Jr (pictured), CEO of HEXL… ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 08:01
Just 20 years ago, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) were novelties. Now, after two decades of explosive growth, they are firmly entrenched in the asset management landscape. Total US-listed ETF assets reached a record-setting USD2.0 trillion at the end of 2014, up from USD1.7 trillion a year earlier, and inflows totaled USD244 billion for the year. European ETFs also saw record flows in 2014; they attracted USD61.4 billion in new assets, more than three times the 2013 total. ... »