Fund Allocation Challenges In Turbulent Times
Four years after the meltdown of the US sub-prime mortgage market and the credit crunch, allocators and investors still face a market environment that stubbornly refuses to return to ‘normal’.
Amid continuing symptoms of economic and financial crisis including economic sluggishness, curbs on lending, doubts over the stability of banks and the solvency of sovereign borrowers, and skittish markets, do market players need to learn new rules for a permanently changed environment in which volatility extends over not just months but years, and traditional assumptions about risk and return, correlation and market behaviour no longer apply?
This webinar will consider the challenges and choices facing allocators in turbulent times and examine issues such as:
• Do established measures of risk still provide meaningful information, given the limitations exposed by four years of market turbulence? What alternatives are there?
• Can alternative strategies consistently outperform traditional long-only investment, and what role should they play in allocation models at a time when traditional asset classes have delivered mediocre returns at best?
• Amid the current enthusiasm for absolute return funds, do they deliver in terms of performance and consistency?
• Can emerging markets not only outperform North America, Europe and Japan but provide greater market stability ability? Is it time to rethink standard geographical allocation criteria?
• Are information and analysis tools used by allocators and investors up to the job – and are they being used to ask the right questions? Is it time to rethink the whole investment decision-making process?
Space is limited - Reserve your webinar seat now
Title: Fund Allocation Challenges In Turbulent Times
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011
First session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM GMT - REGISTER NOW
Second session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST - REGISTER NOW
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund