Four years after the meltdown of the US sub-prime mortgage market and the credit crunch, allocators and investors still face a market environment that stubbornly refuses to return to ‘normal’.
Amid continuing symptoms of economic and financial crisis including economic sluggishness, curbs on lending, doubts over the stability of banks and the solvency of sovereign borrowers, and skittish markets, do market players need to learn new rules for a permanently changed environment in which volatility extends over not just months but years, and traditional assumptions about risk and return, correlation and market behaviour no longer apply?
This webinar will consider the challenges and choices facing allocators in turbulent times and examine issues such as:
• Do established measures of risk still provide meaningful information, given the limitations exposed by four years of market turbulence? What alternatives are there?
• Can alternative strategies consistently outperform traditional long-only investment, and what role should they play in allocation models at a time when traditional asset classes have delivered mediocre returns at best?
• Amid the current enthusiasm for absolute return funds, do they deliver in terms of performance and consistency?
• Can emerging markets not only outperform North America, Europe and Japan but provide greater market stability ability? Is it time to rethink standard geographical allocation criteria?
• Are information and analysis tools used by allocators and investors up to the job – and are they being used to ask the right questions? Is it time to rethink the whole investment decision-making process?
Space is limited - Reserve your webinar seat now
Title: Fund Allocation Challenges In Turbulent Times
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011
First session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM GMT - REGISTER NOW
Second session -
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST - REGISTER NOW
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 09:11
Voting for the 6th edition of the Hedgeweek Global Awards is now open. The Awards will be presented at a lunch ceremony to be held in London. ... »
Tue, 09/12/2014 - 09:58
Read how managed accounts platforms are now catering to a wide spectrum of investor needs, from straightforward commingled funds to sophisticated infrastructure solutions for the largest institutional investors. And the rise of liquid alternatives means that onshore funds - UCITS, AIFs and '40 Act funds - are becoming just as popular as offshore funds... »
Thu, 11/12/2014 - 11:31
Global assets under management* of the private real estate industry have reached USD742bn, an all-time high for the industry, and up from USD697bn as of the end of 2013. Preqin’s Andrew Moylan takes a look at the latest stats on the industry. ... »
Fri, 28/11/2014 - 12:01
In this report S&P Capital IQ examines how credit events can impact on the price of equities. The results are compelling. The report looks at the relationship between credit indicators and equity back-tested returns. ... »
Sat, 27 Dec 2014 00:00:00 GMTQuantitative Research | Equity | New York
Sat, 27 Dec 2014 00:00:00 GMTQuantitative Analyst - CVA, IR, and Credit Model Validation - US Investment Bank
Thu, 25 Dec 2014 00:00:00 GMT