Opinions vary on how the industry needs to change but without question, hedge funds will come under increased scrutiny, and managers face ramped up regulation in the form of the AIFMD. Operational forward-thinking will be paramount and the winners will be those that focus on tight systems and controls and manage risks effectively.
Topics to be addressed include:
• Latest developments in European hedge funds:
– Shrinking industry - myth vs. reality?
– Hedge fund restructuring & consolidation across Europe
– Convergence between alternatives and mainstream asset managers:
where are we really headed?
• Investment & Performance Trends in International
• Demystifying Tax Headaches for Hedge Funds
• The Legal Implications of Redemptions
• Litigation / Regulatory Update
• What do you have to do to get SEC registered?
• Hedge Fund Valuations: Best Practice
• Optimal Fund Governance & Compliance to
Maximise your Profile & Raise Capital
• Safeguarding your Assets through a Holistic Risk
• Limiting the Key Exposures faced by Hedge Funds &
their Employees Today
Why You Should Attend:
Bringing together hedge funds and fund service providers from across Europe, this conference programme addresses the key areas impacting your business today. Expert speakers from all sides of the industry will come together and offer solutions that will help you to:
• enhance operational standards
• provide greater transparent to clients
• react more effectively to regulatory developments
• ensure your future in the market.
If you are a hedge fund manager, administrator, prime broker, custodian, lawyer or accountant, make this the essential date in your diary for 2010!
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:00
This keynote Hedgeweek Special Report surveys the key technology products and software solutions available to hedge funds,, and drills down into each one through interviews and analysis to summarise their benefits to COOs, CTOs and CFOs at hedge funds... »
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:34
Voting for the 5th edition of the Hedgeweek USA Awards, which recognise excellence among hedge fund managers and service providers around the world, is now open. ... »
Thu, 07/05/2015 - 09:37
Cybersecurity issues have existed as long as the internet. What seems to have changed in the last 18 months is not only that the nature of the breaches has become more sophisticated, but also the fact that hedge funds have become a much bigger target. ... »
Mon, 13/04/2015 - 11:30
Investing in commodities can yield handsome returns, but investors need to focus sharply on timing and diversify their portfolios away from traditional safe havens and into sectors such as agriculturals and products such as ETFs. As one expert reveals in this special report, "Gold is not the only yellow commodity one should have in their portfolio"... »
Tue, 07/04/2015 - 09:57
Read the complete list of Winners and profiles at the sixth edition of the Hedgeweek Awards, presented in London's Mayfair and sponsored by Morgan Stanley, which brought together the leading names in the global hedge funds industry to celebrate the achievements of the best performing managers and service providers in 2014... »