Opinions vary on how the industry needs to change but without question, hedge funds will come under increased scrutiny, and managers face ramped up regulation in the form of the AIFMD. Operational forward-thinking will be paramount and the winners will be those that focus on tight systems and controls and manage risks effectively.
Topics to be addressed include:
• Latest developments in European hedge funds:
– Shrinking industry - myth vs. reality?
– Hedge fund restructuring & consolidation across Europe
– Convergence between alternatives and mainstream asset managers:
where are we really headed?
• Investment & Performance Trends in International
• Demystifying Tax Headaches for Hedge Funds
• The Legal Implications of Redemptions
• Litigation / Regulatory Update
• What do you have to do to get SEC registered?
• Hedge Fund Valuations: Best Practice
• Optimal Fund Governance & Compliance to
Maximise your Profile & Raise Capital
• Safeguarding your Assets through a Holistic Risk
• Limiting the Key Exposures faced by Hedge Funds &
their Employees Today
Why You Should Attend:
Bringing together hedge funds and fund service providers from across Europe, this conference programme addresses the key areas impacting your business today. Expert speakers from all sides of the industry will come together and offer solutions that will help you to:
• enhance operational standards
• provide greater transparent to clients
• react more effectively to regulatory developments
• ensure your future in the market.
If you are a hedge fund manager, administrator, prime broker, custodian, lawyer or accountant, make this the essential date in your diary for 2010!
Tue, 01/09/2015 - 13:05
This etfexpress Guide to ETFs, produced specifically for wealth and asset managers, unravels the myriad benefits of including and using ETFs and ETPs within client portfolios... »
Tue, 18/08/2015 - 20:09
The business of asset management has grown exponentially more complex over the last decade. As system technology and data management improves, managers are devising ever-new investment strategies to find that elusive source of alpha. ... »
Tue, 04/08/2015 - 13:50
Over the last 10 years, organisations have undergone a wholesale change in the way they run their businesses. Thanks to cloud-based platforms, wireless Internet, and the proliferation of desktop and mobile device applications, the perimeter of most businesses has moved beyond the four walls of their office. This has revolutionised the way people work: no longer tied to their desks they can be equally as effective aboard an aircraft or sitting next to the beach on vacation. ... »
Fri, 28/08/2015 - 15:27
In this excerpt from Preqin Special Report: Hedge Fund Manager Outlook, we take a closer look at the level of competition in the industry today and use our latest survey results to reveal fund manager predictions for asset growth for the rest of 2015. ... »
Sun, 09/08/2015 - 10:45
The Preqin Special Report: Private Debt Fund Manager Outlook features exclusive survey results drawn from over 100 private debt fund managers worldwide. This extract discusses what fund managers have highlighted as the biggest issues facing the industry and their views on regulation. ... »
Thu, 30/07/2015 - 11:00
Cybersecurity is no longer simply an IT issue, it is now a business issue. This is the conclusion of the experts and fund managers around the world whose opinions were polled for this landmark Hedgeweek Special Report, which outlines Best Practices for Cybersecurity in a fast-changing environment where managers need to keep several steps ahead of cyber criminals... »