Will big funds invest in urban infrastructure, housing?
Cities face major investment challenges in the current economic climate. Join city leaders from major world cities and emerging hubs, as well as private sector speakers and other experts to discuss how cities can attract investment.
• What investment major world cities need in order to compete with the rapidly emerging cities in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
• Key components of cities’ economic vitality
• The new markets that cities must address in order to reinvent their economies
• Can investments in major urban areas offer secure and attractive returns that other assets do not? What new instruments and funding models are emerging?
• How cities can learn from each other.
Wed, 21/01/2015 - 09:44
Read how prime brokers of all shapes and sizes are becoming both operational and balance sheet-efficient, and broadening out their product suites for hedge fund managers... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Wed, 14/01/2015 - 13:22
Over half of infrastructure funds that closed in 2014 exceeded their fundraising target, up from 37% of funds in 2013. Andrew Moylan, Preqin’s Head of Real Assets Products, takes a look at infrastructure fundraising over the last 12 months: ... »