Charlemagne Capital re-launches Asian long-short fund
London-based Charlemagne Capital has re-launched the Undervalued Assets Fund Asia under the new name OCCO Asia Fund.
The re-launch took effect from Tuesday 25 November 2003. OCCO Asia Fund is an open-ended Cayman Islands-domiciled, Dublin-listed fund with monthly dealing. The transition brings the structure of OCCO Asia Fund into line with that of OCCO Eastern European Fund, the other long-short fund in Charlemagne Capital's stable.
Charlemagne Capital (IOM) Limited assumed the management of the erstwhile Undervalued Assets Fund Asia in August 2003 at which time Julian Mayo joined the Group having managed the fund from February 1999 in Hong Kong. Mayo is now based in London with Charlemagne Capital (UK) Limited.
Now renamed OCCO Asia, the fund aims to produce consistent, low risk performance and is managed by a three-strong team in line with Charlemagne Capital's disciplined, bottom-up investment process.
The re-launch as OCCO Asia Fund is aimed only at professional investors, both those who look at Asia as well as those with a global investment mandate. CSFB is the Prime Broker to the fund and the Administrator and Registrar is Management International (Luxembourg).
Background Note: Charlemagne Capital is an independent fund management group focusing on emerging markets with USD 854 million of assets under management.
copyright hedgeweek 2003
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location