Eurex turnover Climbs to around 90 million contracts in August
Eurex saw turnover increase by around 19 percent to 90 million contracts against the same period last year (August 2004: 75.7 million contracts).
At 821 million contracts, the turnover volume achieved in the first eight months of this year has eclipsed the same period last year by around 17 percent (January - August 2004: 704 million contracts).
With 40.7 million contracts traded in August, the fixed-income derivatives segment put in the highest turnover on Eurex. The most successful product was, once again, the Euro-Bund Future, with 19 million contracts. The Euro-Bobl and Euro-Schatz Futures contributed 10 million and 8 million contracts respectively.
49.4 million contracts were traded in equity-based derivatives in August, of which 28.3 million were in the equity index derivatives segment and 21.1 million in the equity options segment. The top contract among the equity index derivatives was the future on the DJ Euro STOXX 50 index with 10.6 million contracts, a rise of around 15 percent on the previous year. Options on the DJ Euro STOXX 50 index produced a record trading volume of 8.7 million contracts.
Approximately EUR 13.8 billion (single counting) was traded in August on the electronic trading platform Eurex Bonds, which rounds out Eurex's range in the Fixed Income product range, a rise of 47 percent year-on-year(August 2004: EUR 9.4 billion). Around EUR 452 million was traded in the "Agencies" segment of Eurex Bonds in August, up 90 percent on August 2004 (EUR 238 million).
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund