Morningstar launches Direct Alternative Investment Edition
Investment research provider Morningstar has launched Morningstar Direct Alternative Investment Edition, a multicurrency institutional research platform that provides performance analysis of around 8,700 hedge funds, funds of hedge funds and commodity trading adviser products.
The web-based platform enables clients such as fund of funds managers, fund managers, family offices and institutional investors to conduct alternative investment research by combining timely data with advanced analytics and reporting tools.
Direct Alternative Investment Edition includes nearly 300 data points for each hedge fund, 29,000 global indices (including 251 hedge fund indices), monthly performance data, assets under management, and Morningstar proprietary hedge fund ratings, indices and categories.
Subscribers can customise their research by changing benchmarks, time periods, risk-free rates and currencies for risk/return calculations. Strategy classification breakdown, geographic exposure, industry exposure, fees and liquidity terms and asset class exposure offer insights into investment performance and risk.
'Our qualitative and quantitative tools for researching alternative investments include an advanced search and screening capability, information about portfolio managers, and insight into investment methodologies,' says Liz Kirscher, president of Morningstar's data services business.
'Our clients now have the comprehensive data and flexible research tools they need to perform competitive analysis, product development, due diligence, performance evaluation, and other crucial processes.'
Users can export presentation-ready graphs and data into Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF files, or Microsoft Excel for additional analysis.
Morningstar offers internet, software and print-based products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions and provides data on more than 265,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds and similar vehicles.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund