BNP Paribas expands its global hedge fund relationship management team
BNP Paribas has appointed Thomas Mahala and Jason Miller to its global hedge fund relationship management team, which now comprises more than a dozen relationship management professionals located in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Mahala, who was previously a managing director and head of the capital introduction group at Banc of America Securities, joins the BNP Paribas team in New York as co-head with Chris Lane of hedge fund relationship management in the Americas.
He was earlier a senior relationship manager for institutional accounts including hedge funds at Banc of America Securities, following seven years at Bear Stearns as a senior relationship manager for hedge funds.
Mahala reports locally to Aaron Ford, head of institutional sales for North America, and Kip Testwuide, head of origination and distribution for fixed income in the Americas, and globally to Talbot Stark, global head of hedge fund relationship management.
Miller, who reports to Lane and Mahala, joins the New York team as a senior relationship manager also from Banc of America, where he was a senior relationship manager for hedge fund clients. Previously he spent two years at Credit Suisse as a relationship manager for institutional securities relationships, having previously worked for Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and Citigroup.
'We look forward to Tom and Jason, two senior and highly respected hedge fund relationship management professionals, joining the global effort,' Stark says. 'BNP Paribas's hedge fund business has benefited from its expanding global capabilities, financial strength and most recent acquisition of Banc of America's prime brokerage unit.'
BNP Paribas's corporate and investment banking division has almost 16,000 employees in 53 countries worldwide. The division is a global player in interest rate, credit, forex, commodity and equity derivatives, among the top ten Euro houses for equity and debt capital markets, including bond issues, securitisation, convertibles and shares, and a global leader in acquisition, export, project and commodity finance.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location