Cardano hires two equity specialists
Cardano has announced the appointment of Santiago Pinson and Nathalie Sims to its London-based investment management team.
They will focus on researching and selecting equity investments for Cardano's clients.
Keith Guthrie, head of investment management at Cardano UK, says: 'Our solvency management service involves a dynamic allocation to equity markets and different types of equity strategies. We are therefore recruiting people with broad experience of equity markets, including long/short products, rather than focusing principally on traditional, long-only investments. For the last year we have had practically no exposure to equity markets in our best view portfolio, but this will vary over time as conditions change. Santiago's experience of running a long-only equity fund, coupled with multi-asset class investing, means he is ideally suited to this role. Nathalie also has wide experience of a range of equity strategies and managers.'
Prior to joining Cardano Pinson was a senior portfolio manager and the head of research in the wealth management division of Atlas Capital Group in London. At Atlas he was responsible for managing multi-asset portfolios, including researching and selecting hedge funds and private equity funds. He also co-managed an equity fund investing primarily in US stocks, which outperformed its benchmark over the last five years. He has over ten years' investment experience, having started as a derivatives trader in Mexico.
Sims joins from Goldman Sachs where she worked with a wide range of hedge funds in their prime brokerage team. This included providing ongoing guidance to hedge funds on their investment strategy, portfolio risk and leverage.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location