Law firm Harneys expands BVI litigation team
International offshore law firm Harneys has expanded its litigation and insolvency department in the British Virgin Islands with the addition of three lawyers including one partner.
Global head of litigation Phillip Kite says the expansion will meet growing client demand fuelled in part by the opening of the BVI Commercial Court earlier this year.
Additions to the department are partner Kissock Laing (pictured) and associates Ian Mann and Marcia McFarlane. Laing joins the department after three years as head of the firm’s Anguilla office where his practice comprised civil litigation as well as corporate, commercial and conveyancing matters.
Mann joins Harneys from the boutique British Virgin Islands law firm Forbes Hare where he practiced commercial litigation for two years. Prior to that he practiced at the English bar for seven years where he specialised in commercial, employment and regulatory litigation.
McFarlane is joining the department on her completion of the firm’s professional development programme during which she gained experience in the litigation department along with other key practice areas.
“I am very pleased with the recent growth of our capacity in the BVI because it means we are in a position to meet the growing demand for litigation services here, and with 4 litigation partners in the BVI alone, allows us to continue the firm’s partner led litigation service,” says Kite. “We are having one of our busiest years ever with regard to litigation, insolvency and distressed funds work and we expect this trend to continue into the future with a growing number of complex, cross-border commercial and insolvency litigation matters. Kissock, Ian and Marcia will add depth and experience to our already outstanding BVI litigation team.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location