Derivix names industry veteran Carrick Pierce president
Derivix, a financial software company providing options pricing, portfolio risk visualization and analytics solutions, has appointed Carrick Pierce as its president.
In this newly created position, Pierce will oversee business development, product strategy and global sales to support Derivix as it continues to grow in the US options marketplace.
Before joining Derivix, Pierce served as the chief information and technology officer at Parallax Fund, a trading firm that specialises in relative value volatility trading.
“Carrick has the rare combination of quantitative strategy and technology know-how that’s critical to address the quickly evolving options marketplace,” says Jonathan Weedon, chief executive and co-founder, Derivix. “With his diverse skill set, respected industry leadership and being a longstanding champion of the company, we’re very excited to have him on board to support Derivix’s expansion strategy.”
Prior to his role at Parallax Fund, Pierce served as infrastructure manager for the flow volatility desk at Lehman Brothers and was also a partner in private equity at Aegis Holdings. Earlier in his career, he was an options market maker on the American Stock Exchange for a quantitative trading hedge fund, focusing on leading-edge options and volatility trading strategies.
“Derivix has a unique opportunity to tap an underserved market for both buy- and sell-side traders. With its combination of multi-broker execution, top-notch analytics and trader-centric user interface, Derivix offers the best solution for customers seeking to understand risk exposures in real-time while maximizing trading opportunities across the entire US options universe,” says Pierce.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location