EAMR launches Emotional Assets Fund
Newly launched investment advisory boutique Emotional Assets Management & Research has launched its first investment fund, The Emotional Assets Fund 1.
Believed by EAMR to be the first of its kind, the fund will invest in a diversified set of emotional assets across some 15 sectors of the collectables market, from fine art and rare stamps to vintage jewellery and rare manuscripts.
The fund seeks to provide qualified investors with an opportunity to achieve long-term capital appreciation through investment in emotional assets. Its objective is to deliver a stable target growth rate of 15 per cent per annum, with predictable volatility and at the same time preserving capital.
The Guernsey domiciled fund will employ no leverage and will allow investors to benefit from a broad and diversified exposure to emotional assets – the first time that this has been achievable via a single fund vehicle.
The fund may invest 60 per cent of its gross assets in funds invested in emotional assets and 40 per cent in direct emotional assets holdings.
It is a five year fund, with regular distributions of proceeds on direct holdings, and has a minimum investment of GBP100,000.
Bernard Duffy, managing director, EAMR, says: “At a time when conventional investment wisdom is being challenged and investors are questioning the investment merits of a range of assets, emotional assets are emerging as a viable and mainstream asset class. EAMR sees a convergence occurring between the worlds of collecting and investing, the fund allowing investors to fully benefit from this convergence for the very first time. This is the perfect moment in the cycle to launch a fund investing in these tangible, real assets, huge swathes of wealth having been destroyed and lost in a wide range of paper assets since the onset of the credit crisis. Smart investors are looking to their emotional assets as safe havens and a long term store of value.”
Kleinwort Benson (Channel Islands) Fund Services has been appointed fund administrator.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location