GLG Partners appoints Sir John Gieve as senior adviser
Investment manager GLG Partners has appointed Sir John Gieve, the former deputy governor of the Bank of England, as a senior adviser.
Gieve (pictured) will be responsible for providing strategic advice to GLG on macro-economic and wider policy issues, particularly as they have an impact on the financial services sector and the regulatory environment.
His career includes 20 years at HM Treasury and culminating in three years at the Bank of England, where he was deputy governor responsible for financial stability and an ex officio member of the Monetary Policy Committee.
“Sir John has immense experience of financial markets and monetary policy-making, and of the banking sector more broadly,” says John White, managing director of GLG. “His insights will be of great value to our investors and clients at a time when the UK is at a political, regulatory and economic cross-road.”
“I am delighted to be joining GLG Partners,” says Sir John. “I have been impressed by the quality of the people, the commitment to clients and the strong investment performance of the UK equity team.”
Gieve spent most of his career at HM Treasury where he was private secretary to three Chancellors and rose to head the directorates responsible for the Budget, public services, and financial regulation before becoming permanent secretary of the Home Office for five years.
He was deputy governor of the Bank of England from January 2006 until February 2009.
Gieve will focus primarily on the USD2.37bn UK equity business at GLG, run by White and Jason Mackay. The UK fund range is comprised of the flagship GLG Alpha Select Fund and three long only funds: GLG UK Select, GLG UK Growth and GLG UK Income.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location