Russell selects Nasdaq OMX for global indexes
Russell Investments has selected Nasdaq OMX as the primary source of real-time index values for Russell's global and ex-US indexes.
Nasdaq OMX will begin disseminating real-time values for the Russell Global Indexes on 11 January 2010 via its index service, the Global Index Data Service.
GIDS is designed to facilitate performance and portfolio valuation due to its frequent dissemination of index data.
It supports a diverse array of Nasdaq OMX-branded indexes that cover equities, bonds, commodities and exchange-traded funds, as well as third party partnered indexes.
"Russell and Nasdaq OMX clients worldwide will have instant access to our comprehensive global index data, equipping them with the sharpest picture of the global investment landscape," says Rolf Agather, Russell's director of index research and innovation. "This arrangement streamlines our process for efficiently delivering real-time, delayed and end-of-day data through existing data feeds."
"We are pleased to be selected to disseminate index values for a leading index provider like Russell Investments," adds Randall Hopkins, senior vice president of global data products, Nasdaq OMX. "By leveraging the capabilities of Nasdaq OMX, critical Russell index information is delivered to the market in real-time and in a highly scalable manner for customers. This agreement expands the relationship between our organisations which work closely together during the annual reconstitution of Russell indexes."
Since 2004, Russell has leveraged the Nasdaq Closing Cross for the annual reconstitution of its US indexes. The Nasdaq Closing Cross is used to determine Nasdaq official closing prices which are widely used throughout the financial industry.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location