Eurex and ISE see 10.8 million contracts per trading day in January
In January 2010, the international derivatives exchanges of Eurex Group recorded an average daily volume of 10.8 million contracts, up from 10.5 million in January 2009.
Of those 7.0 million were Eurex contracts and 3.75 million contracts were at the US-based International Securities Exchange.
In total, 140.0 million contracts were traded at Eurex and 71.2 million at the ISE.
Eurex achieved 63.4 million contracts in its equity index segment – the largest product segment, compared with 70.2 million contracts the year before. Futures on the DJ Euro Stoxx 50 Index stood at 26.6 million contracts and 23.5 million on the options of this index.
The equity derivatives (equity options and single stock futures) segment at Eurex recorded 36.8 million contracts (Jan 2009: 40.0 million). Thereof, equity options totalled at 28.8 million contracts and single stock futures another 8.0 million contracts. Dividend-based derivatives represented roughly 370,000 contracts.
The interest rate derivatives segment increased by 16 per cent and achieved 39.6 million contracts (Jan 2009: 34.1 million). The Euro-Bund-Future reached 15.0 million contracts in January, the Euro-Bobl-Future 8.7 million contracts and the Euro-Schatz-Future 10.6 million contracts. The Euro BTP future – launched in September 2009 – totalled almost 100,000 contracts.
In January 2010, Eurex Repo reported growth in all markets. Its secured money market segment GC Pooling recorded an average outstanding volume of EUR78.7bn, which is up 57 per cent year-on-year. The EUR Repo market grew by 31 per cent and totalled EUR95bn. All Eurex Repo markets achieved an average outstanding volume of EUR181.1bn, an increase of 19 per cent year-on-year.
The electronic trading platform Eurex Bonds, which rounds out Eurex’s fixed-income product range, grew in January 2010 by eight percent year-on-year and recorded a volume of EUR7.7bn (single counting) compared to EUR7.1bn the previous year. In December the figure was EUR5.2bn.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location