Dow Jones Indexes promotes Jamie Farmer to executive director
Dow Jones Indexes has expanded its executive team by promoting Jamie Farmer, former senior director global index operations and head of exchange relationships, to executive director.
This role was created to further harmonise Dow Jones Indexes' global business development and to ensure coordination of global business opportunities that result from the recent acquisition of 90 per cent of Dow Jones Indexes by the CME Group.
In addition to his existing operational and client activities, Farmer will assume responsibility for all global sales and business development activities at Dow Jones Indexes.
He will be responsible for developing and executing a global sales strategy that is aligned with Dow Jones Indexes' regional, client, partner and parent objectives.
"Combining our sales, business development and operations under Jamie will improve the already high standards of our client service and support," says Michael A. Petronella, president designate, Dow Jones Indexes. "Jamie has been instrumental in building a global team of professionals that are dedicated to meeting the support needs of our index licensees and custom calculation clients in addition to providing quality maintenance of our index families. His expanded role will accelerate the execution of our global strategy."
Farmer joined Dow Jones Indexes in 2006. Prior to his current role, he was a senior associate of strategic relationships at Susquehanna International Group, an institutional sales, research and market-making firm.
Farmer began his career as vice president of marketing at the Philadelphia Stock Exchange in 1991.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location