Derivatives lawyer Robert McLaughlin joins Fried Frank
Law firm Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson has hired derivatives lawyer Robert McLaughlin as a partner in its asset management and financial services practices.
McLaughlin, whose clients include investment and commercial banks, investment management firms, individual investors, corporations and government-sponsored entities, is the author of Over-the-Counter Derivative Products: A Guide to Business and Legal Risk Management and Documentation.
McLaughlin’s practice concentrates on financial transactions with an emphasis on over-the-counter derivatives, structured products, synthetic investments and credit extensions, as well as derivatives claim trading.
He regularly advises market participants on legislative and regulatory developments.
He has extensive experience structuring and executing a wide array of financial derivatives and structured products, including credit, equity, commodity and other derivatives, and synthetic investments in hedge fund interests, commercial loans and other asset classes.
He also advises clients on derivatives and related matters in bankruptcies and insolvencies.
McLaughlin was most recently the co-chair of the structured products practice at Katten Muchin Rosenman and is a frequent speaker at derivatives industry programmes.
“We are delighted to welcome Bob, a nationally respected derivatives practitioner, to the firm. In addition to supporting our top-tier asset management and financial services practices, his broad derivatives expertise enables us to offer an enhanced platform of services to a broad range of corporate clients on a global basis,” says Valerie Ford Jacob, Fried Frank’s chairperson.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location