Ucits HFS Index up 0.35 per cent in July
After a slight loss in June the Ucits HFS Index returned a positive result in July 2010.
Although up by only 0.35 per cent, it is a noteworthy result as during the first three weeks of the month the broad index was negative.
After the first week of trading with nearly every strategy in the red the Ucits HFS Index was down by 0.46 per cent. The second week added a positive 0.41 per cent to the overall performance just to lose another 0.19 per cent in the third week of trading.
The last few days of July turned things around with a positive performance of 0.59 per cent, mainly due to a strong finish of convertible, event driven, L/S equity and credit.
Out of the 11 strategies seven returned negative results in July 2010. The worst performers were currency (-2.81 per cent), global macro (-1.19 per cent) and fixed income (-0.88 per cent). The latter was able to reduce its losses in the last week of trading while currency accumulated them week by week, opposed to global macro which took most of the losses in the first week of July.
The three best performing strategies were convertible (+3.12 per cent), event driven (+2.73 per cent) and L/S equity (+1.49 per cent) which all made a significant amount of their profits in the last trading week in July. Due to their strong weightings within the index (L/S equity in particular) the broad Ucits HFS Index did not finish in the red and now stands at +2.25 per cent year to date.
The indices are calculated by the index calculator Structured Solutions.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund