Swiss fund market stable at just under CHF700bn
Assets under management in Swiss investment funds reached CHF699bn in August, an increase of CHF4.8bn month-on-month, according to the Swiss Funds Association.
At the end of August 2012, the total volume of assets in the investment funds covered by the statistics compiled by Swiss Fund Data and Lipper stood at around CHF699bn, compared with CHF694.2bn in July.
Of this figure of just under CHF700bn, Swiss funds for institutional investors accounted for CHF273.3bn.
“There was a relatively stable development in the month under review. The equity markets showed more of a sideways trend. Currency effects – which were still having a strong influence in July – were almost entirely absent as the CHF recovered against the EUR and USD. It therefore comes as no surprise that fund volumes remained roughly on a par month-on-month in August,” says Matthäus Den Otter, chief executive of the Swiss Funds Association.
By comparison, the figures for selected indexes were as follows: Dow Jones +0.63 per cent, S&P 500 +1.98 per cent, and SMI -0.18 per cent. The EUR and USD lost 0.02 per cent and 2.26 per cent respectively against the CHF.
Net inflows totalled CHF2.2bn in August 2012. Bond funds attracted the most new money (CHF2.3bn), followed by money market funds (CHF498m) and commodities funds (CHF366m). There were outflows from asset allocation funds (CHF179m) and especially equity funds (CHF755m). The following equity fund categories suffered outflows in particular: UK, US, global, and emerging markets global.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location