Appleby bolsters funds capability with two partner appointments
Ian Gobin and Deborah Poole have been appointed partners of Appleby within the funds and investment services team.
Both Gobbin (pictured) and Poole join Appleby from Walkers.
Gobin joined Appleby on 1 October 2012 and Poole, who was instrumental in starting Appleby’s London office back in 2012, will start in May 2013.
These appointments are at the core of Appleby’s focussed and strategic drive to enhance its global profile within the offshore funds world and in particular its Cayman funds offering.
Gobon was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1997 and was employed by Clifford Chance from March 1997 to August 2001. In that time he had various secondments to Morgan Stanley. He was employed by Walkers in the Cayman Islands, London and Jersey from August 2001 to November 2011 and was promoted to partner in January 2008. During this period he was also admitted in the BVI.
Gobin specialises in setting-up and advising hedge funds and private equity funds under the laws of the Cayman Islands, the BVI and Jersey.
Poole was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1987 and, after pupillage at 2 Essex Court, she joined Ashurst in 1988 where she practised for nine years. Poole is a former partner of Appleby having started as an associate in the Bermuda office in 1997 before taking up partnership in the London office in 2002. After leaving Appleby in 2006 Poole joined the London office of Walkers. Whilst at Walkers, she was admitted in the BVI and, as head of the London funds team, focussed her practice on funds and corporate finance.
Alex Erskine, Appleby’s global head of funds and investment services group, says: “These senior appointments are a critical part of our drive and strategy to boost Appleby’s position in the offshore funds market in respect of both legal and fiduciary offerings.
“Ian and Deborah bring a formidable combination of remarkable charisma, credibility and stature to an already keen Appleby funds team, which is relentless in its drive to enhance its recognition in the global offshore hedge funds and private equity market.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location