Investcorp acquires Scandinavia's luxury brand Georg Jensen
Investcorp, a provider and manager of alternative investment products, is to acquire Scandinavia's luxury retailer Georg Jensen for USD140m from private equity group Axcel Capital Partners.
As part of this transaction, Investcorp has teamed up with David Chu, the luxury brand entrepreneur and founder of Nautica, who will join the company on closing as chief creative director and co-chairman of the board.
Also joining the board on closing will be Guy Leymarie, former chief executive officer of DeBeers Diamond Jewellers, Cartier International and Dunhill.
Georg Jensen designs, manufactures and distributes jewellery, watches, fine silverware and high-end homeware.
Hazem Ben-Gacem, head of Investcorp's European corporate investments activities, says: "We are pleased to be entrusted with taking Scandinavia's pre-eminent luxury brand to a global level. We believe that in partnership with the current solid management team, led by Ulrik Garde Due, and luxury retail legend David Chu, Georg Jensen stands to become one of the leading hard luxury brands in the 21st century, leveraging on an over 100 year brand legacy and a unique Scandinavian design DNA that stems from the early work of Mr Georg Jensen himself."
Ulrik Garde Due, chief executive of Georg Jensen since 2007, says: "We are delighted to be working with Investcorp, which has an unrivalled experience of building luxury brands. Investcorp's commitment to developing the brand will ensure we are able to further strengthen Georg Jensen's position globally as the leading Scandinavian luxury lifestyle brand."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund