Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index up 0.64 per cent in November.
Hedge funds, as measured by the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished November up 0.64 per cent, with nine out of 10 strategies in positive territory.
In total, the industry saw estimated outflows of approximately USD1.3bn in November, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately USD1.76trn.
The fixed income arbitrage and equity market neutral sectors experienced the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis, with inflows in November equal to 2.64 per cent and 1.06 per cent of the October 2012 levels, respectively.
Event driven funds generally sustained positive performance in November. Contributors for the month were a diversified mix of long positions from credit strategies, namely stressed and distressed names, as well as special situation equities, and risk arbitrage.
Long/short equity funds finished November in positive territory, though the first half of the month was poor for equity markets, driven by continued weak earnings numbers and some mixed economic data. Return drivers for the month for managers included consumer discretionary and staples exposure, European banks exposures, and select healthcare exposure.
The Hedgeweek Awards 2013 for the best hedge fund performers and service providers will be held in London towards the end of Q1 2013. Please click here to nominate your product/firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund