Eurex admits first exchange member in Japan
Eurex Exchange, the international derivatives marketplace, has admitted its first directly connected trading participant in Japan – Nissan Century Securities.
As part of Unicom Group, the brokerage firm offers a wide range of brokerage services and aims to expand its service by connecting to leading international exchanges.
“We are honoured to be the first Japan based brokerage firm to attain Eurex membership,” says Hideaki Futaya, chief executive, Nissan Century Securities. “I believe we can better satisfy client needs by offering this new access in addition to our current memberships, which include JPX (TSE and OSE) and TOCOM.”
Nissan Century Securities is the sole Japanese brokerage firm which that has “cross-over” memberships between financial and commodity exchanges in Japan.
“We are very pleased to welcome the first Eurex member from Japan,” says Michael Peters (pictured), member of the Eurex executive board. “By joining Europe’s largest exchange, Nissan Century Securities and its customer base now have direct and reliable access to our international trading network and our full product suite.”
Eurex currently serves more than 430 members in 33 countries.
The exchange has been active in Japan for several years. Since 2009, Eurex has been present in Japan with a representative office. Currently, it has around 20 exchange members and trading locations based in Asia and has established two Access Points in the region.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund