CBOE Futures Exchange’s extended hours to begin in late September
The first phase of CBOE Futures Exchange’s plans to expand CBOE Volatility Index (VIX index) futures trading hours will begin in late September, with the second phase to begin in the weeks that follow.
The first phase of the expanded trading hours initiative is designed to meet demand from US customers for a post-settlement trading period by adding a 45-minute trading session to the current trading hours for VIX futures (7:00 am CT to 3:15 pm CT).
Fifteen minutes after the 3:15 pm CT close of VIX futures, the market will reopen for a new trading period from 3:30 pm CT to 4:15 pm CT. Trading will then resume at 7:00 am CT the following morning.
The new 45-minute period, which marks the beginning of the next trading day, will be available from Monday through Thursday.
The second phase of the expanded trading hours initiative will allow European-based customers to trade VIX futures during their local trading hours by beginning the current trading session five hours earlier than its current opening time of 7:00 am CT.
Trading will begin at 2:00 am CT (8:00 am London time).
The new five-hour period, which precedes the current trading hours, will be available from Monday through Friday.
With both expanded trading periods in place, VIX futures trading hours will run from 2:00 am CT through 3:15 pm CT, Monday through Friday, with the 3:30 pm CT to 4:15 pm CT session available Monday through Thursday.
No trading is scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays in either of the phases.
The changes are subject to regulatory review.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location