Westchester Capital Management launches WCM Alternatives: Event-Driven Fund
Westchester Capital Management (WCM) has launched the WCM Alternatives: Event-Driven Fund (WCEIX), a multi-strategy, absolute return mutual fund.
The fund is designed to profit from discrete events, including mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or divestitures, restructurings, re-financings, recapitalisations, reorganisations or other special situations ("event-driven opportunities").
The strategy focuses on generating non-correlated returns and has the flexibility to address shifting market landscapes.
Michael Shannon, co-portfolio manager and managing member of WCM, says: "The fund follows a proven multi-event strategy that WCM has been managing for the past five years. In today's challenging environment, the fund seeks to help investors maximise their portfolio over time by lowering its risk profile while also providing the potential for attractive inflation-adjusted returns."
Westchester Capital Management will employ its proprietary risk management process, targeting opportunities diversified across, sectors, strategies and asset classes.
"WCM has specialised in building sophisticated analytical models of corporate events, complemented with three decades of deal and company-specific research experience. Our goal is to identify mis-priced situations where we can achieve superior risk-adjusted returns regardless of the direction of the markets," says Roy Behren, co-portfolio manager and managing member of WCM. "The Fund offers investors a diversified solution that combines WCM's proven investment philosophy with over 30 years of experience and knowledge of the event-driven market."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location