Asset Alliance acquires interest in Spencer Capital
Asset Alliance Corporation has acquired an equity interest in Spencer Capital LLC, a New York-based hedge fund advisor.
Asset Alliance, headquartered in New York, is an investment management holding company that acquires interests in alternative investment managers.
Spencer Capital is a New York-based hedge fund advisor that specialises in deep value investing through investment tools including equities, LEAPS and options, and credit derivatives.
Spencer Capital is headed by Dr. Kenneth H. Shubin Stein, MD, CFA. Dr. Shubin Stein, 35, previously co-founded Compo Asset Management, LLC, a US-based value investment partnership that later merged into Promethean Investment Group.
Bruce Lipnick, President and Chief Executive Officer of Asset Alliance, said: "Ken has a unique skill set and background and he has clearly illustrated his ability to execute this investment strategy. The addition of Spencer Capital to the Asset Alliance family further enhances and diversifies our investment platform."
"We are proud to be a part of Asset Alliance and look forward to its expertise, industry standing and global distribution network to help us reach the next level," said Dr. Shubin Stein, Founder and Chief Investment Officer at Spencer Capital.
Asset Alliance Corporation, founded in 1996 and headquartered in New York, is a privately held company that, together with its affiliate managers, has approximately USD 4.6 billion in assets under management.
Asset Alliance Corporation assists and invests in diversified alternative asset management firms, and provides specialised alternative investment products and services to institutions and high-net-worth individuals.
London-based Asset Alliance International, Ltd. expands the firm's global presence through manager research, joint ventures and the development and distribution of specialised products throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location